During his two years in Arles, Van Gogh produced an estimated 200 paintings. The colors may have drawn him to southern France in 1888, but it is his art that draws people there today. Among the 10 designated sites on this tour are the Place du Forum where he painted Evening Cafe as well as the Trinquetaille bridge, which inspired his Staircase of the Trinquetaille Bridge. We’ll stroll along the Rhone River quay to find the spots where Starry Night, Old Mill and Yellow House were painted, and venture to the garden on the Boulevard des Lice, where his iconic Public Garden painting was brought to life. We’ll return on board after our tour.
Duration: approx. 1:30
- INCLUDED in the CQS program
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.