We’ll leave by coach for the Musée d’Orsay. Housed in the former Gare d'Orsay, this museums holds mainly French art dating from 1848 to 1915, including paintings, sculptures, furniture and photos. It contains the largest collection of Impressionist and post-Impressionist masterpieces in the world, by painters including Monet, Manet, Degas, Renoir, Cézanne, Seurat, Sisley, Gauguin and Van Gogh. Even the building itself is considered a work of art. Just some of its highlights are Manet’s On The Beach and Woman With Fans; Monet’s gardens at Giverny; Cézanne’s card players and still lifes; Renoir’s Ball at the Moulin de la Galette and Girls at the Piano; Degas’ ballerinas; Toulouse-Lautrec’s cabaret dancers; Pissarro’s The Harvest; Sisley’s View of the Canal St-Martin; and Van Gogh’s self-portraits, Bedroom in Arles and Starry Night. We’ll finish up our visit with a brief panoramic tour of Paris (1). You’ll see such celebrated sites as the Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Arc de Triomphe and the Champs-Elysées.
- Length: Approx. 4 hours
- Wear comfortable, sturdy shoes.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Please note that the works of art mentioned in this excursion depend on what the museum has on exhibition at the time of our visit.
- Please note that these excursions are not offered on all the cruises.
- If there is not a minimum of 25 participants, the excursion will be cancelled or offered at a higher rate according to the number of participants (payment on board).
- Excursions on the evening of boarding or the morning after boarding are only guaranteed for pre-registered participants.
- (1) For optimal organization of this excursion, the order of the visits might be reversed.