Beginning with a walking tour of the Plaka district. You will discover this picturesque area, with its traditional houses, narrow tangled streets and its preserved charm. The tour will continue into the Anafiotika district, built in the early 19th century by the inhabitants of the island of Anafi, with Cycladic architecture in central Athens. You will then follow the foothills of the Acropolis to the hill of the Areopagus, where St. Paul preached to the Athenian citizens. You will enjoy a unique perspective of the entire capital. Then you will continue via the ancient Agora, its ruins in this beautiful protected area will amaze you. Then along Adrianou street with its cafes, you will come to the old Athens cemetery with its monumental funeral statues. Back to Monastiraki, a neighbourhood famous for its traditional flea and antiques market, its taverns serving souvlaki (the famous Greek sandwich) and especially the central market. Here you will find colourful fish and meat markets, giving you a glimpse of Greek life. Back on board at the port of Piraeus.
- Duration: ~ 4:00
- Good walking shoes, sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen and a scarf against dust are recommended.
- We recommend that you bring a bottle of water on the sites.
- The sites are visited mainly by foot.
- Times are indicative only.
- The order of visits may be modified
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to pay on board).
- The excursions of the first evening and the morning following the embarkation are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.