We’ll leave on a guided tour of Avignon with the theme "Dining with the Popes". A guest-lecturer will help you discover the daily dining habits of the popes, who made Avignon their official residence throughout much of the 14th century. You’ll learn about the complicated organization around the pope's head waiter and serving staff. We’ll continue our journey with a visit to the historic center of the city (Le Ventre d'Avignon) and enjoy a tasting at the enormous Provencal market (Les Halles). We’ll return on board after our tour.
Duration: approx. 3:00
- INCLUDED in the CQS program
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.
- Visit and tasting at Les Halles: Tuesday to Friday mornings subject to availability. If Les Halles is closed, we'll enjoy a tasting in another location.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).