Descend below the city of Istanbul to discover an impressive underground reservoir that looks more like a cathedral: the Basilica Cistern and its 336 30-foot high columns arranged in 12 rows. Commissioned by Emperor Justinian and built in 532, it has been magnificently restored by the Istanbul authorities and is one of the most unique and impressive tourist sites in the area.
Duration : ~ 40 MIN
- Wear comfortable, sturdy walking shoes.
- Shorts and low-cut shirts are prohibited. Please have your shoulders and knees covered.
- If there is not a minimum of 25 participants, the excursion will be cancelled or offered at a higher rate according to the number of participants (payment on board).
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- Alcohol can be dangerous to your health. Please drink in moderation.