Discover Calabria - the “toe of the boot” on the extreme southern tip of Italy - lapped by the splendid crystal-clear Ionian and Tyrrhenian Seas. The Strait of Messina separates mainland Italy from Sicily.
Leaving from Vibo Marina, we’ll begin our visit with Tropea, a seaside resort with impressive scenery. This stretch of coastline is known as Coast of the Gods. Already frequented during Roman times, it was the Normans, Angevins and Aragonese that made Tropea prosper. We’ll see the marvelous cathedral and the Benedictine Sanctuary of Santa Maria dell’Isola. The sanctuary is on a rocky outcrop surrounded by the beach and sparkling sea and it’s not hard to understand why it’s one of the city’s most photographed attractions. We’ll enjoy a tasting of regional products such as bruschetta, local cheese and wine. We’ll return to Vibo Marina.
Duration : approx 4:00
- Wear comfortable, sturdy walking shoes.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.