Departure by coach with your guides to the North of the island of Corfu, more specifically the triple Bay of Paleokastris, where according to legend could be found the city of the Phaeacians, where Ulysses made a last stop before reaching Ithaca. The Paleokastritsa region, which lies 25 km northwest of Corfu, is made up of two peninsulas and five small coves. The landscape overlooking the creeks separated by steep rock retains its magical character. On the heights, you can take a glimpse at the remains of “Angelokastro”, a Byzantine Fort built in the 13th Century; its inaccessible ruins clinging to the huge rock still seem to resist invaders. You will visit the small Byzantine monastery founded in 1225. The present building dates from the 18th century and its interior is a fine example of Greek abbey architecture. From the monastery, you will enjoy the view over the famous Bay of Paleokastritsa. Return to Corfu.
Duration: approx. 4:00
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).