We’ll leave by coach from Igoumenitsa to visit Dodona, at the heart of the magnificent countryside. The shrine of Dodona is regarded as the oldest Hellenic oracle. The shrine was first dedicated to an Earth Mother, and later to Zeus. The stadium, with 22 rows of seats, was used for the athletic games of the Naïa festival. The most impressive surviving monument at the site, though, is the restored theater which once had a capacity for 17,000 spectators, making it one of the largest in Greece. We’ll continue on to Ioannina for a panoramic tour of the city. Spread out around beautiful Lake Pamvotida, the city is cradled within a splendid natural environment. Although it’s a bustling university city, it has retained much of the exotic atmosphere of the past - where every narrow passage or alleyway hides another surprise.
Duration: approx. 5:30
- Wear comfortable, sturdy walking shoes.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).