Our first stop after leaving the ship will be the Espace Bernadette Soubirous, the final resting place of the simple country girl from Lourdes who claimed to have seen the Virgin 18 times. Her incorrupt body has lied enshrined here in a glass and bronze casket since 1925. We’ll then discover the façade of Ducal Palace, considered the first of the Loire's castles. Built on the hill, the palace overlooks the center of the old town, the Republic Square and a big park. The impressive building was constructed for the Count of Nevers in the 15th century, in the place where his old fortress used to be. We’ll continue on to the Nevers Cathedral, dedicated to Saints Quriaqos and Julietta, and a national monument of France. We’ll visit the Nevers Blue Gold pottery district before finishing up with a tasting of local products. We’ll return on board after our tour.
Duration : approx. 4:00
- Wear comfortable, sturdy walking shoes.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 14 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.