From Les Andelys, we’ll walk to the Château Gaillard. Come discover this ruined medieval castle and its gorgeous views overlooking the small city of Les Andelys and one of the loveliest bends in the Seine. Construction of the castle began in 1196 under Richard the Lionheart, who was both King of England and Duke of Normandy. The complex and advanced-design castle was expensive to build, yet the majority of the work was done in an unusually short time.
After our hike and visit, we'll return to the ship by coach.
Duration : approx. 3:00
- Times are approximate.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Wear comfortable, sturdy walking shoes.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.