We’ll visit Mainz Cathedral in the company of our guide. The construction of this monument which started in 975 has left its mark on the city's history. The interior of the cathedral houses some wonderful historic treasures, including tombs and funerary monuments from the 13th to the 18th centuries. We’ll also be able to admire the striking contrast between the massive red sandstone cathedral and the Romanesque Gotthard Chapel in light-colored stone. Next, we’ll visit the Cathedral Museum (closed on Mondays) which houses various collections related to Mainz' history, culture and diocese, including some stone sculptures from Gothic architecture.
Duration : approx. 2:15
- Good walking shoes are recommended: visit entirely on foot.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).