We’ll leave by coach for a guided tour of the city. Amsterdam is one of the most unique and extraordinary cities in the world. From its romantic canals to its world-renowned museums and historical significance, it’s a city that never ceases to surprise. Our first stop will be the De Rieker Windmill, one of the eight windmills in greater Amsterdam. Built in 1636 to help drain water out of the surrounding land, the De Rieker Windmill is now an elegant private residence. You will have no doubt have seen the mill in many of Rembrandt’s painting and engravings. We’ll then head to the Diamond District to observe how the talented cutters facet the raw diamonds into the jewels we buy. Our guide will explain in detail how a diamond is valued. After our tour, you’ll be able to spend some time browsing the shop. We’ll return to our coach and head for the famous flower market. This is the only floating flower market in the world, and one of the most fragrant places in Amsterdam in any seasons. It includes 15 florist and garden shops, as well as a range of souvenirs. At the end of our visit, we’ll return to the ship by coach.
Duration : approx. 4:00
- Panoramic tour with stops to take pictures and free time.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.