Departure by coach with your guides.
The city of Brussels, founded in 979, has had a rich and eventful history as the city came successively under Spanish, Dutch, Austrian and French domination before the Belgian people declared their independence and chose Brussels as their capital in 1830.
The visit of the Belgian capital will begin with a panoramic tour to discover the city's most famous monuments. First you will go round Royal Laeken Park to see the Chinese Pavilions and the Japanese Tower, which was built for the Universal Exhibition in Paris in 1900 and was bought by King Leopold II and re-erected in Brussels, as well as the Atomium, representing an iron crystal molecule enlarged 165 billion times and built for the Universal Exhibition in Brussels in 1958. It was also a reference to the nine Belgian provinces that existed at the time (there are now ten following the division of Brabant). You will also see the Royal Palace of Laeken, residence of the King of the Belgians as well as the Royal Greenhouses of Laeken, which is only open to the public once a year. Then you will enter Brussels city centre, to see the Royal Palace of Brussels, the King's place of work, numerous Art Nouveau buildings, the buildings of the European Institutions, the Sablon quarter, Jubilee Park, which houses numerous museums.
You will continue the tour on foot, heading for the Grand-Place, with its imposing City Hall built in the Gothic style and dating back to the 14th century. You will also see the famous Manneken Pis.
You will still have some free time before returning to the coach, which will take you back to the boat.
Duration : approx. 4:00
- Panoramic tour by coach with stops to take pictures.
- Good walking shoes are recommended: the visit of the old town is made on foot (45 min) and the streets are paved.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.