In the company of our guides, we will leave for a panoramic tour of Budapest, the Pearl of the Danube. First we will head for the hills of Buda by crossing the famous Chain Bridge and we will go up to the Castle quarter, from where we’ll enjoy a fantastic panoramic view of the city. We will walk round the castle quarter and on to the Fisherman's Bastion, built in neo-Roman style in 1902 for the simple pleasure of offering a panoramic view over the city and the Danube. Behind the Bastion, we will find Matthias Church, the oldest church in the city founded in 1015 by Saint Stephen and which notably was the venue for the coronation of Emperor Franz Joseph and his wife "Sissi". From there we will return to the coach which will take us down to the plains of Pest. There, we will visit Heroes' Square whose central monument depicting Prince Arpad and the chieftains of seven Magyar tribes was built for the millennium of Hungary. We will pass by the famous Szechenyi thermal baths, the zoo - a true piece of architecture - Vajdahunyad Castle and more. We will walk through the famous Andrassy Avenue and pass by St. Stephen's Basilica whose construction began in 1851 and was only completed in 1905. We will walk along the river and see the famous Parliament building overlooking the Danube with its white silhouette in the Byzantine and neo-Gothic styles.
For cruises MVI/MVI_PP/NVI/NVI_PP:
Our visit will end at Vörösmarty Square where we'll discover one of the oldest, richest and most spectacular of all the Christmas markets in Budapest - an old folk tale with its dozens of buzzing wooden market stalls and thousands of handmade gifts. Have a taste of the traditional cinnamon pastries (Kurtoskalacs - Chimney Cake), sausages, mulled wine, grilled vegetables, and street snacks like Langos and dodolle (potato dumplings). Following our tour, we'll return to the boat.
Duration : approx. 4:00
- Panoramic tour with stops to take pictures.
- Entrance tickets for these monuments are not included.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.