Departure by coach with your guides from the port of Ghent for a walking tour in the city center. Ghent is the capital of the old county of Flanders, but is also the birthplace of the Holy Roman Emperor, Charles 5th. It enjoyed a period of great prosperity, both economic and cultural, in the 14th and 15th centuries. From this influential period Ghent retains an important architectural heritage.
You will have the opportunity to visit the Saint Bavo Cathedral, in which you will be able to admire the famous "Adoration of the Mystic Lamb" altarpiece. The Cathedral square also features the Gothic Belfry, and next to it the Cloth Hall. You will walk along the Herb Quay and the Wheat Quay to reach the Castle of the Counts dating from 1180, which has had many functions over the centuries: military, administrative and legal. After the tour, you will have some free time before returning to the boat by coach.
Duration : approx. 3:00
- Good walking shoes are recommended : visit entirely on foot.
- The boat will be sailing during the excursion.
- The order of the visits can change.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.