We’ll leave by coach for Volendam, a charming village that has preserved its character for over six centuries thanks to the tough vitality of its fishermen. Enjoy some free time on your own after we discover the city through a short film. Volendam is well known for its Dutch seafood specialties, especially for smoked eel. We’ll then visit a cheese factory in the area to discover how the famous Gouda cheese is made. We’ll enjoy tasting the different flavors and ages available. We’ll then head for Zaanse Schans, an open air museum with wooden windmills, barns, and houses. Don't miss the small but impressive clog museum that features one of the largest and most attractive collections of wooden shoes in the Netherlands: painted, carved, ice clogs with iron trimmings, horse clogs, and decorative clogs. Take advantage of some free time to indulge in authentic Dutch traditions. We’ll return to our ship in Amsterdam by coach.
Duration : approx. 4:00
- Good walking shoes are recommended : free visit on foot at Volendam and Zaanse Schans.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.