You will leave the boat on foot for the guided tour of Viviers. The third largest protected sector in the Rhône Alpes regions, residence of bishops since the 5th century, Viviers, a small town with a population of 3,500 is like an open-air museum, where every stone contains a page of history. You will be able to admire France's smallest Cathedral in this sumptuous medieval town. Among other things you will see the House of Knights with its superb Renaissance facade, the Tower of St Michael, the great seminary, and the Belvedere with an unobstructed view of Viviers.
Transfer by coach to Montélimar. You will visit a traditional nougat factory, followed by tastings. Since the 17th century, Montélimar has been famous the world over for its nougat, when the first almond trees were introduced into the region by Olivier de Serre and the first harvest led to the development of nougat production. Lively visit to the oldest traditional nougat factory in Montélimar where you can learn all there is to know about nougat - from the traditional methods of production in copper cauldrons and ending with sampling this delightful tasty confectionery. Return by coach to Viviers.
Duration : approx. 4:30
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
- An effort is required to go up to the Belvedere.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.