We’ll leave by coach with our tour guide from Naples and enjoy the scenic 30-minute ride to Pompeii.
A reminder of the violent forces that lie deep inside Mount Vesuvius, Pompeii is Europe’s most compelling archaeological site and one of Italy’s most visited tourist attractions. Like an open book, the ruins provide fascinating information on the art, customs, trades and everyday life of the past. Alongside the elegant villas belonging to the nobility and the luxurious residences of the middle class stand modest houses where several families lived. The houses still contain furniture, kitchenware, lamps, food of all kinds, grain mills, grindstones, and workshops for making cloth.
Plaster casts of the volcano’s victims are moving tributes to their last moments.
Enjoy some free time before returning to Naples.
Duration : approx. 4:00
- Wear comfortable, sturdy walking shoes.
- The tour is on foot. You must be able to walk 2 hours on broken ground.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- Active excursion requiring effort.This excursion is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.