Departure by coach with your guides for the Delphi site. The site was dedicated to the god Apollo and characterised by the presence of an oracle, the Pythia, a young virgin installed on a tripod seat in an "oracular pit", just over a cleft in the rocks from which the ancient Greeks believed toxic vapours emanated; thus the Pythia went into a trance to receive Apollo's answers to pilgrim's questions and her unintelligible ravings were transmitted by the priests in an ambiguous way.
On the Delphi site, you will have the opportunity to pass through the Sanctuary of Apollo, which will take you via the Sacred Road to the Temple of Apollo, which dates back to the IVth century BC. Before arriving at the temple, you will first of all pass through the Agora, reworked by the Romans, then past the Athenian Treasury, a Doric building in white marble. You will also see the site of the Theatre and the Stadium, where the Pythic Games took place in honour of Apollo's victory over the Python snake.
You will then return to the coach, which will take you to the Monastery of Hossios Loucas one of the most beautiful Byzantine monasteries in Greece. A UNESCO World Heritage site, this monastery is famous for its XIth century mosaics on a gold background, its frescoes and the refinement of its decoration.
- Duration : ~ 10:00
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Lunch is included (25cl of wine, mineral water and one coffee).
- The order of visits can be modified.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to pay on board).
- The excursions of the first evening and the morning following the embarkation are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.