We leave our ship by bus to go to Northern Cyprus. Once over the "green line" we get to the coast and the city of Kyrenia, the main seaside resort in northern Cyprus. Why not have a walk along the pretty harbour near to the Venetian castle. You will also visit Bellapais, the Gothic Abbey of Peace built in the 12th century by the de Lusignans, located high above the town with superb views over the coast at Kyrenia. We'll then drive to Nicosia. Located almost in the exact centre of Cyprus, Nicosia is a very rich cultural centre. It was the de Lusignans who created its splendour, by building their royal palaces and churches. The old town is surrounded by walls dating from the 16th century. In the Lefkosia of today, you can still see both the charms of the past and the animation of a bustling contemporary town. Nicosia is today the one remaining European town that is officially divided. When you arrive in Nicosia, join the panoramic tour of the town to take in the Archbishop’s Palace, St John’s Cathedral, the Venetian walls and the port of Famagusta. You will then visit the Cyprus Archaeological Museum and marvel at exhibits dating back as far as the Neolithic period. During the excursion today, there will be a stop for lunch in a restaurant.
- Duration : 7:45
- Lunch is included (with 25cl wine or 1 beer or one soft drink, 50cl mineral water and 1 coffee per person included)
- Make sure one takes good shoes.
- The order of visits may be modified.
- You really must carry your passeport with you during this excursion.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to pay on board).
- The excursions of the first evening and the morning following the embarkation are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.