We set off from the port of Haifa and travel through the Judea Mountains and the entrance to the valley which was besieged during the 1948 War of Independence. In Jerusalem, you will visit the Mount of Olives and the Church of Gethsemane, where Jesus Christ was betrayed by Judas Iscariot and captured by the Romans. In the afternoon you will have a discovery tour of Bethlehem, City of David and Jacob, and the famous Church of the Nativity. We return to Jerusalem and have a discovery tour of the Old Town. First you will visit the colourful markets where people of the three main religions (Christianity, Judaism and Islam) live side by side before we reach the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the holiest Christian site in the world believed to encompass both the Calvary where Jesus Christ was crucified as well as the cave where his body was placed after his death. The tour then continues along the Via Dolorosa to the Wailing Wall, the most sacred place of worship for Jews, where they write their wishes on slips of paper which are then placed in the wall. Finally, you will visit Mount Zion, where Jesus Christ ate the Last Supper with his disciples, which inspired the Cenacle. In the middle of the day, there will be a stop in a local restaurant for lunch. Return on board at the end of the afternoon.
Duration : ~ 12:30 (of which approximately 4 hours is spent on the transfer there and back)
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Non-revealing, modest clothing is essential (gentlemen should wear long trousers and ladies should have their shoulders and legs covered)
- Sturdy shoes are strongly recommended.
- The order of visits can be modified.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary. If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to pay on board).
- The excursions of the first evening and the morning following the embarkation are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.