The Aulne Abbey was originally a Benedictine monastery founded in 637 AD by Saint Landelinus. It came into the hands of Cistercian monks in 1147 AD and flourished until it was burned to down by French revolutionaries. Today the remains are a haven of peace and a perfect place for a stroll.
Our journey will continue with a visit to the Val de Sambre Brewery, located in the heart of the abbey. Enjoy a tour of the facilities, followed by a tasting of the beer of your choice.
- Length: Approx. 3.5 hours (2 hours of tours)
- Wear comfortable, sturdy shoes.
- If the weather is bad, the abbey tour will be shortened since a majority of the visit takes place outside.
- The order of the visits can change.
- These excursions are not offered on all the cruises. Please check your itinerary.
- If there is not a minimum of 25 participants, the excursion will be cancelled or offered at a higher rate according to the number of participants (payment on board).
- Excursions on the evening of boarding or the morning after boarding are only guaranteed for pre-registered participants.