We’ll leave by coach on a panoramic tour of Cádiz, one of the oldest cities in Europe. You’ll be able to bathe in the cultural and historic riches of the city, as well as its long stretches of water of unspoiled beaches. The old center includes the most distinctive districts in the city; it has superb Baroque churches and elegant stately homes, a large number of which have painted facades in delicate pastel colors and wrought iron balconies. We’ll start off our visit with the castle of San Sebastian built in the 17th century. It’s located on the Playa de La Caleta on a small island. It was built in order to protect the Northern part of the city. A 41-meters high lighthouse has been standing there since 1908. It used to be a humble quarter where Flamenco first appeared, far from the port and the shops. The popular neighborhood of La Vina will enchant you with its tradition of carnival and its gastronomy. We’ll then move on to a visit of the Cathedral whose construction lasted 116 years, which explains the diversity of styles. You will be enchanted by this blue and white city. Return to the boat in Cadiz.
Duration: approx. 3:00
- Good walking shoes are recommended: visits by coach and by foot.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.