Our excursion to Frankfurt will begin with a panoramic tour of the city by coach. Frankfurt am Main is a dynamic and international city with Germany’s most imposing skyline. Under the skyscrapers, you’ll find cozy pubs; and at the heart of the bustling city center, you’ll find sites full of history. Frankfurt also has an unrivalled museum scene featuring masterpieces spanning nine centuries of European art. We’ll leave the coach behind to visit the city on foot. After passing in front of the dominant Frankfurt Cathedral, we’ll discover the old city and the Römerberg, the seat of the city’s government since the 15th century. Formerly called the Samstagsberg, it has been the site of markets and fairs, tournaments and festivals, executions, imperial elections and coronations. Here you'll also find a plaque commemorating the book burning by the National Socialists in 1933. After our tour, enjoy some free time before returning to the ship on foot.
- Length: Approx. 3 hours
- Tour of the old city on foot. It is possible to return to the ship by coach at the end of the tour.
- Passengers wishing to spend free time in the city can return to the ship on foot.
- The order of the visits can change.
- These excursions are not offered on all the cruises. Please check your itinerary.
- If there is not a minimum of 25 participants, the excursion will be cancelled or offered at a higher rate according to the number of participants (payment on board).
- Excursions on the evening of boarding or the morning after boarding are only guaranteed for pre-registered participants.