Departure by coach from the charming fishermen town of Wieck for a visit of downtown Greifswald on foot. In the company of your guide, you will discover this lovely Hanseatic town with its renovated Brick Gothic style buildings typical of Northern Germany. Our walk along the ramparts surrounding the center will take us past the city’s imposing churches – St. Jacob (St. Jacobi-Kirche), St.-Mary (St.-Marien-Kirche) and the Cathedral (Dom St. Nikolai) – as well as the Town Hall. The most romantic spot in the city is without a doubt the inner courtyard of St Spiritus hospice, which today houses a Socio-Cultural Center. Greifswald-born artist and one of the most famous figures of German Romanticism, Caspar David Friedrich immortalized this city through one of his paintings.
Free time before returning on board.
Duration : approx. 4:15
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.