Set off by coach to visit Hamburg. Viewed as one of Germany’s prettiest cities, this Hanseatic town has preserved a rich heritage through the centuries. We’ll start off with a panoramic tour of the city by coach. You’ll get to see Hamburg’s main spots such as the city center with the Mönckerberstrasse, the Alster, the Rathaus (Town Hall) located in Rathausmarkt square (the market square), the Stock Exchange and St Michael’s Church. We’ll move on through the historic center, the oldest district in the city. There, you’ll get to see the Alster, a large lake located right amidst the city, the imposing 1897 Neo-Renaissance style building that is the Town Hall, the 10-story Chilehaus which stands as an emblem of expressionist architecture with its Eastern façade resembling a ship’s bow, and Deichstrasse, an old shopping street with trading posts and houses dating from the 17th and 19th centuries. Free time before returning on board by coach.
Duration: approx. 3:30
- Visit by coach with stops to take pictures.
- Depending on the guide, there might be a few steps to climb.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.