We’ll leave by coach from the ship with our guides. We’ll first visit the Liszt Memorial Museum, a reconstruction of Franz Liszt's last home on the first floor of the former Academy of Music, where the composer lived between 1881 and 1886. Its collection includes original instruments, furniture, books, scores and some personal objects and memorabilia. We‘ll then continue on to Buda’s old town district, on Buda Castle Hill. We’ll visit Matthias Church, which has hosted several coronation ceremonies, royal weddings and baptisms, and witnessed many turbulent events during the history of Hungary.
- Length: Approx. 4 hours
- The order of the visits can change.
- Wear comfortable, sturdy shoes: The streets in the old town are cobblestone and steep.
- Please note that these excursions are not offered on all the cruises.
- If there is not a minimum of 25 participants, the excursion will be cancelled or offered at a higher rate according to the number of participants (payment on board).
- Excursions on the evening of boarding or the morning after boarding are only guaranteed for pre-registered participants.