Set off by coach from Geestacht to Lüneburg. Guided tour of Lüneburg, undoubtedly one of the best preserved Hanseatic towns. In the Middle Ages, it was one of the richest towns in Germany, thanks to its salt deposits. From this prosperous time, the old town has preserved all its traditional architecture in cabled bricks, forming coiled gables and spirals. In the harbour area, you cannot miss the old crane (Alter Kran, from the 14th century). Then you will see the Town Hall, whose construction was spread out between the 13th and 18th centuries. You will admire the gothic-style Princes' Hall (Fürstensaal), the Court Hall (Gerichtslaube) with a barrel vault dating from the 14th century, and the great meeting room, a Renaissance masterpiece ornate with frescoes from the 16th century. Entirely paneled in wood, it is the very symbol of the rapid growth of the city. Enjoy some free time before heading back to Geestacht by coach.
Duration: approx. 4:00
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.