A thriving seaport in ancient times, most visitors come to the city now to see its superb Byzantine mosaics. Ravenna’s early Christian churches and mosaics have been collectively listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. They show great artistic skill, including a blend of Greco-Roman tradition, Christian iconography, and oriental and Western styles. We’ll have a guided tour of the city and some of its monuments, and then you can enjoy some free time before returning to the ship by coach.
- Length: Approx. 5.5 hours
- Wear comfortable, sturdy walking shoes: the tour is on foot.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Please note that these excursions are not offered on all the cruises.
- If there is not a minimum of 25 participants, the excursion will be cancelled or offered at a higher rate according to the number of participants (payment on board).