You will leave Budapest by coach for Szentendre, a town with a rich heritage of 18th century monuments lining the cobbled streets. This charming, colorful town, home to painters and sculptors, owes its Mediterranean atmosphere to the Dalmatian, Serbs and Greeks who moved here in the 14th century. The town is known for its seven churches, including the Orthodox Church (known as Transfiguration Church), its rich museums, its contemporary art exhibitions, and its art galleries. A few kilometers from Szentendre is the Skanzen Open-air Museum of Ethnography where you’ll see a series of hamlets filled with farms and their outbuildings, windmills and churches which all evoke the rural life and traditional architecture from the 18th and 19th centuries. Return on board in Budapest.
Duration : approx. 4:00
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.