Founded over 2000 years ago, Tournai is one of the oldest cities in Belgium with Arlon and Tongres. It played an important historical, economic, religious and cultural role within the County of Flanders during the Middle Ages and has changed nationality many times.
A coach ride from the famous Bridge of Holes, which is one of the most prestigious vestiges of medieval military architecture, will take you into the city centre, then you will continue on foot to enjoy this town in Wallonia, accompanied by your guides. In particular, you will have the chance to see the Belfry (exterior) and to visit the Cathedral of our Lady of Tournai, which are inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The Cathedral, an imposing construction of Romanesque and Gothic architecture, is famous for its five bell towers and its treasure.
- Duration : ~ 2:00
- Make sure one takes good shoes : visit entirely on foot.
- The order of visits may be modified.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to pay on board).
- The excursions of the first evening and the morning following the embarkation are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.