After boarding our coach in Nice, we’ll drive to our first stop overlooking the city: Mont Boron. The hill is an excellent lookout from where the city of Nice and the neighboring bay of Villefranche sur Mer are perfectly visible. We’ll continue on to the Promenade des Anglais, the famous avenue traveling along the must-see Bay of Angels. We’ll stop near the Russian Orthodox Church to snap some photos, and then head by coach to the Franciscan Church and Monastery of Nice in the Cimiez district. Henri Matisse, Raoul Dufy and Roger Martin du Gard are buried in the church cemetery.
We’ll finish up our tour by exploring “Vieux” Nice, considered the heart of the city. You’ll be able to stroll through its small streets - discovering the ambiance of this picturesque and colorful neighborhood that is as lively during the day as it is at night. This is where old French ladies at the boulangerie still gossip together, and where the local festivals and processions are taken very seriously.
After our tour, we’ll return to the ship by coach.
Duration: approx. 4:00
- Wear comfortable, sturdy walking shoes.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).