We’ll leave on foot for a guided tour of Worms and its cathedral. Being the oldest city in the whole of Germany, Worms has played a key role in German history. Today, it’s a lively chemical and metal industrial center. It's also known for its famed Liebfraumilch wine. We’ll visit the inside of the Cathedral of Saint Peter, a basilica with four round towers, two large domes and a choir at each end. Mostly built between 1125 and 1181, it is considered one of the finest examples of High-Romanesque architecture. One of its most impressive elements is the high altar, designed by Balthasar Neumann, a famous 18th- century German architect. The gilded wood and marble Baroque altar is a powerful work of art in itself. After our tour, enjoy some free time before returning at your own pace to the ship.
Duration : approx. 2:00
- Good walking shoes are recommended : visit entirely on foot.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).