Set off on foot for a guided visit of Arles. Arles is over 2000 years old with exceptionally well-preserved ancient architectural masterpieces and is a real open-air museum. This important tourist and cultural site welcomes visitors with open arms. During the guided visit, you will see the Roman Amphitheatre (or Arena), the Theatre Antique and St Trophime Square with its cloisters and church that were part of the Arles Route, one of the three routes leading to Santiago de Compostela. We’ll continue our tour with a visit to the Forum Square and finally the Roman Baths of Constantine. Next you will head off by coach for Tarascon to the Grand Servan estate, a traditional olive farm which produces the famous Provençal olive oil. Here at the foot of the Montagnette and set around a traditional Provencal farmhouse (or bastide) dating from the 18th century, the owners have planted a large orchard of some 150,000 olive trees. You will visit the estate sitting on bales of hay in trailers, pulled along by tractors. The owners will give you an explanation on how to plant and cultivate olive trees and how the Provençal “yellow gold”, or olive oil, is produced. Your visit will finish with a tasting of the products on the estate. Return to Arles by coach.
Duration : approx. 4:00
- Good walking shoes are recommended for this excursion.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 14 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.