Set off on foot in the company of one of the town's guides. You’ll discover the charming local houses dating from the 15th and 16th centuries, followed by the main religious buildings in the town such as the Chapel of the Holy Sepulchre (exteriors only) and St Martin's Church (exteriors only). Next you will visit the famous Abbey of Baume les Dames. Founded in the 5th century by St Germain, the abbey welcomed and housed nuns from illustrious families, including Odile, the blind daughter of Duke Etichon (Adalric) of Alsace, who had her sight restored here during her baptism. The visit ends with a tasting of local products featuring charcuterie and cheeses. Free return to the boat on foot.
Duration : ~ 2:00
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 14 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.