Set off by coach on an excursion to Khirokitia and Lefkara. The visit will begin with Khirokitia, an archaeological site dating from the Neolithic age, which was occupied from the 7th until the 4th millennium BC. It is one of the most important prehistoric sites in the eastern Mediterranean and listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Continue to the village of Lefkara, famous for its silver handicrafts and its lace, known as “lefkaritika”. According to tradition, during a visit to Lefkara, Leonardo da Vinci was said to have purchased a lace cloth for the main altar of Milan Cathedral. There will be free time to stroll along the village alleyways and discover the local arts and crafts. Return on board.
- Duration : 4:00
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
- The order of visits may be modified.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to pay on board).
- The excursions of the first evening and the morning following the embarkation are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.