We’ll first discover the older section of Antwerp—where you’ll see the Vleeshuis Museum, the Grote Markt with its magnificent Town Hall, and the famous Brabo Fountain immortalizing the legend of the Roman soldier who saved the city from a terrible giant. We’ll then walk to the impressive Cathedral of Our Lady, a Gothic-style church that took over 200 years to build, but which was never officially completed. We’ll then head to the Diamond District to observe how the talented cutters facet the raw diamonds into the jewels we buy. Our guide will explain in detail how a diamond is valued. After our tour, you’ll be able to spend some time browsing the shop. We’ll then return on board.
Duration : approx. 3:00
- Good walking shoes are recommended : visit entirely on foot.
- The pier of the boat is 30 minutes away from the city center.
- The entrance fee to the cathedral of Anvers has to be payed directly in the cathedral.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.