This walking tour will bring to life the history of this Hanseatic town surrounded by water. Amidst its picturesque historic center where famous Brick Gothic prevails, you’ll discover Nikolaikirche (St Nicholas’s Church) – the oldest one in Stralsund and also one of the most beautiful religious edifices in northern Europe – as well as Jakobikirche (St James’s Church) dating from the 14th century. You’ll also see the Katharinenkloster (Monastery of St Catherine) founded in 1251 by the Dominicans and the Johanniskloster (Franciscan Monastery), built in 1254. From the Old Market Square, enjoy a view of the red brick Gothic Town Hall from the 13th century and its northern façade ornate with the Stralsund, Greifswald, Rostock, Hamburg and Lübeck coats of arms, commemorating the powerful Hanseatic League. The unique city of Stralsund has been listed as a world heritage site by UNESCO since 2002.
Enjoy some free time before returning on board.
Duration : approx. 2:00
- At the end of the visit, passengers will have free time and return on board at their own pace.
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.