We’ll leave from Chapelle Montlinard for La Charité-sur-Loire and begin our visit with the Sainte-Croix-Notre-Dame church, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site as part of the Way of St. James. We’ll then head to the Benedictine gardens and the ruins of the Church of Saint-Laurent. The monastic buildings such as the cloister, the chapter house, other rooms used in the 18th century such as the monks’ dining hall and the former monks’ cellar will all be open for visit. We’ll then head to the Ferme des Barreaux, where you’ll be able to taste locals products made from the animals raised on the farm: different types of cows, ostriches, sheep, pigs, goats, donkeys, and even a lama! After our tour, we’ll return on board in Chapelle Montlinard.
Duration : approx. 3:45
- Wear comfortable, sturdy walking shoes.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 14 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.