Leaving from Naples, we’ll head for Solfatara, a shallow volcanic crater near Pozzuoli in the Campi Flegrei volcanic area.
This dormant volcano still emits jets of steam with sulfurous fumes. It was formed around 4000 years ago and last erupted in 1198 AD. The caldera is essentially at ground level and contains a large number of fumaroles and over 150 pools of boiling mud at last count. Before returning to the ship, we'll enjoy a panoramic tour of unforgettable Naples, where you'll be able to see Mergellina, Castel dell'Ovo, Via Caracciolo, Piazza della Vittoria and the Piazza Municipio.
Duration : approx. 4:30
- Wear comfortable, sturdy walking shoes as there are many uneven, cobblestone surfaces.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.