We’ll leave the ship for an energetic walk to the Petrovaradin Fortress. We’ll stroll along the riverfront before climbing the 200 steps up to the fortress. An exceptional work of 18th-century fortification engineering, it is one of the largest, most-complex and best-preserved artillery bastions in this part of Europe. It also contains a vast system of underground military galleries, with mine and listening tunnels, distributed across four levels running almost 10 miles long. The view from the fort is splendid, and we’ll enjoy a snack during our hike.
Duration: approx. 3:00
- PLEASE WEAR COMFORTABLE, STURDY SHOES AND APPROPRIATE CLOTHING ACCORDING TO THE WEATHER.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.