The Saint Neophytos Monastery was founded by the Cypriot Orthodox monk and writer Neophytos. We’ll visit the Egkleistra of Ayios Neophytos, a grotto carved into the mountain decorated with 12th-century frescos. We’ll also visit the monastery church, which contains some fine examples of post-Byzantine icons. Afterwards, we’ll travel to Omodos and have lunch in the village tavern. We’ll have a guided tour of the village and visit the Timios Stavros Monastery and the Linos wine press and museum.
- Length: Approx. 7.5 hours
- Lunch included (with 2 standard glasses of wine or 1 beer or 1 soda; ½ bottle of water; and 1 coffee per person)
- To visit the Egkleistra, you must be able to climb steep stairs.
- On holidays, the monastery’s museum and the surroundi+F2ng services (cafés and stores) in Omodos are closed.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Please note that these excursions are not offered on all the cruises.
- If there is not a minimum of 25 participants, the excursion will be cancelled or offered at a higher rate according to the number of participants (payment on board).
- Excursions on the evening of boarding or the morning after boarding are only guaranteed for pre-registered participants.