Designed by architect Andrea Palladio, most of these villas are listed as UNESCO World Heritage sites. We’ll leave by coach from Chioggia for the Villa Pisani in Stra. The "queen" of the world-famous venetian villas is one of the main tourist attractions in the region. Nowadays, it’s a museum conserving eighteenth- and nineteenth-century works of art and furniture. We’ll then head to the Villa Foscari, built in the late 1550s for brothers of a Venetian noble family, the Foscaris. Also known as La Malcontenta, legend has it that a member of the family was forced to live here from time to time in order to restrain her “lust for life”. After our visits, we’ll return by coach to Taglio di Po.
- Length: Approx. 5.5 hours
- Wear comfortable, sturdy walking shoes: the tour is on foot.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Please note that these excursions are not offered on all the cruises.
- If there is not a minimum of 25 participants, the excursion will be cancelled or offered at a higher rate according to the number of participants (payment on board).
- Excursions on the evening of boarding or the morning after boarding are only guaranteed for pre-registered participants.