A little train will take us through the small alleyways of Rudesheim. The visit will continue on to the Museum of Mechanical Musical Instruments, located in an old building from the 15th century, close to the Drosselgasse. We’ll visit the "Siegfrieds Mechanisches Musikkabinett" which holds an impressive collection of no less than 350 mechanical musical instruments dating back to the 18th century to the 20th, all spread out on more than 4000 ft².
“You won’t believe your ears” once you embark on a musical adventure into the world of historical automated instruments. This is a vast collection, dating back three centuries, of fascinating musical instruments that function like computers, ranging from tiny, delicate music boxes to an enormous orchestrion. Tools and machines for the production of organ pipes, cardboard sheet music, rolls of sheet music and perforated disks are also on display in the collection.
After the visit, enjoy some free time in Rudesheim. About 3.30 p.m. departure by coach to Mainz. Return on board.
Duration: approx. 3:00
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.