Departure for a tour of the St-Philibert De Tournus Abbey, a masterpiece of Romanesque art, and of the Hôtel-Dieu (general hospital), which dates from the 17th Century and possesses one of the richest and oldest hospital pharmacies preserved on-site in France (closed on Tuesdays). Our tour continues with a visit to the charming medieval town of Brancion and its picturesque houses dating back between the 12th and the 16th Centuries. Overlooked by a 10th-Century castle, Brancion was once one of the most extensive strongholds in southern Burgundy. Its wonderful 14th-Century hall has remained intact. We will attend a harp concert in the Romanesque Saint-Pierre church, ornate with beautiful 14th-Century frescoes. Afterwards, return on board.
Duration: approx. 4:30
- INCLUDED in the CQS program
- As a warning for those suffering from travel sickness, the route during the panoramic tour includes many twists and turns.
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.