We’ll leave from Léré for Sancerre and have a tour of the city on foot. Set in the historic Berry region, Sancerre overlooks the gorgeous Loire Valley. We’ll first admire the view and the vineyards. The guided tour will then take us through the typical small streets of this once medieval city. You’ll be able to visit the Tour des Fiefs on your own (192 steps - entrance fee to be paid on site). The tower is the only remaining edifice of the 14th-century medieval castle. From this vantage point, you’ll have an exceptional 360° view. We’ll then head to the goat farm, where we'll be able to sample its trademark cheeses and the local Sancerre wine. We’ll return on board in Léré.
Duration : approx. 4:30
- Wear comfortable, sturdy walking shoes.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 14 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.