Cape Sounion and the coast of Attica are known for their beautiful countryside. Departure by coach from the port of Piraeus to reach Cape Sounion, south of Attica. You will then follow the coast of Apollo on the perimeter of the Saronic Gulf where you can enjoy the continuous shimmering sea. At Sounion stand the ruins of the Poseidon's temple, overlooking the sea 60m at the end of a steep rock. This is very moving with its breathtaking landscapes. Here the ancient Greeks worshiped Poseidon, the almighty god of the sea. Fifteen doric columns that have been preserved belong to the temple which was built during the golden age of Perikles. The temple and the road that leads you there are worth to be seen. After the visit of Cape Sounion, you will go and visit the Vassiliou porperty and enjoy wine tasting of three different sorts. The best grapes are chosen, as each variety is accorded to the best soil and climate. That's the reason why vineyards are scattered in the region of Attica. The winemaking is at Koropi.
- Duration: ~ 5h
- Bring along suitable shoes
- Excessive drinking of alcohol is dangerous for health, consume with moderation.
- The order of the visits may be modified.
- These tours are not available on all cruises and depend on the route.
- If there are less than 35 poeple, the tour will be canceled or given a tarif based on the number of participants (payed on board).
- Tours in the evening and the next morning boarding are only guaranteed to pre-registered customers.