In the 15th and 16th centuries, rich families from Split traveled down to Kaštela Bay to build mansions. Kaštela is the name given to the seven little ports around these coastal fortified castles.
We’ll leave from Split to begin our tour, traveling along the scenic coastal road. You can’t do much better than have the mountains behind you and the sea in front of you.
Kastel Stari is the oldest of seven small towns. We’ll stop here for the great views over the bay of the island ?iovo and the hill above Split, the Marjan.
We’ll continue on to the Bedalov Winery in Kastel Kambelovac for a wine tasting. Here, you’ll learn about the wine-making history of the region. Bedalov specializes in Zinfandels and Plavac Mali, the famous and powerful offspring of Zinfandel. After our visit, you’ll have some free time to sightsee on your own before heading back to the ship.
Duration: approx. 3:00
- PLEASE WEAR COMFORTABLE, STURDY SHOES AND APPROPRIATE CLOTHING ACCORDING TO THE WEATHER.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).