Departure by coach for the Château de Roquetaillade. This magnificent and prestigious medieval castle is listed as a 12th and 14th centuries historic monument. You will see its medieval keeps, the first Renaissance chimneys in the region (1600), but above all the unique 19th century interiors, a masterpiece by Viollet-le-Duc today classified as a historic monument. Along the way, we will visit a vineyard in the Sauternes area where we’ll enjoy a tasting of the famous Sauternes wine. Return to Cadillac and guided tour of the town. Located on the right bank of the Garonne, the Grailly family, lords of Cadillac, founded this "bastide" (walled town) where the Duke of Epernon built his sumptuous castle. See its gates and ramparts listed as historic monuments, its central square surrounded by arcades, its antique houses and its 15th century church. Return to the boat by coach.
Duration : approx. 4:30
- Good walking shoes are recommended.
- The order of the visits can change.
- Times are approximate.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to be paid for on board).
- The excursions on the first evening and the morning following boarding are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.