Departure by coach from Limassol to Paphos, city where you will visit the two principal sites of the archaeological site of Kato Paphos, which has been listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site since 1980. The visit will begin with the Tombs of the Kings, a huge underground necropolis, then closer to the port, the main attraction of the site and the most well-known of the island – the Mosaics. These mosaics are among the finest in the entire Mediterranean region. They were created between the 2nd and 5th centuries AD and are of exceptional quality, as much for their complex motifs as for the brightness and clarity of their colours, protected from the weather and elements since their discovery in 1962. You will also visit the houses of Dionysos, Theseus and Aion. A few kilometres further on, you will stop in the village of Yeroskipou, dedicated to the goddess Aphrodite, to visit a small workshop where Loukoum (Cyprus Delight) is made, followed by a tasting session. Return to Limassol by coach.
- Duration : ~ 5:15
- Good walking shoes are recommended for this excursion.
- Passengers will embark and disembark on a small river boat.
- The order of visits may be modified.
- These excursions are not proposed for all the cruises and depend on the itinerary.
- If the minimum of 25 participants is not reached, the excursion may be either cancelled or proposed at another rate, depending on the number of participants (to pay on board).
- The excursions of the first evening and the morning following the embarkation are only guaranteed for the passengers who have booked the excursion before the cruise.